Massey Pacific Security Dynamics Short Course
26 August 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 29 August 2019 @ 2:00 pm
This four day course combines the academic and practical expertise of New Zealand’s leading thinkers and policymakers to deliver an in-depth study of comprehensive security and cooperation policies in the Asia-Pacific region.
This interactive course examines current and emerging challenges to the Asia-Pacific security environment and their implications for New Zealand.
Key topics covered include:
• the implications of the New Zealand Government’s policy “reset” towards the Pacific Islands
• shifts within regional geopolitics and major power competition
• the Korean Peninsula and South China Sea
• non-traditional security threats, such as climate change and cyber security
• the security-trade-development nexus
• regional security cooperation mechanism
• Participants will develop a comprehensive understanding of complex regional security challenges and strategic trends
• Participants will assess the current New Zealand responses to regional security challenges and consider alternative multi-stakeholder collaborative arrangements.
Anne-Marie Ngan, 04 801 5799 ext 63184
The course will commence at 1300 on Monday 26 August and will finish 1400 on Thursday 29 August 2019.
The program will be fully catered, including an evening networking event on Monday 26 August.
PRICE: $2799 (inc gst)
Earlybird – $2519 (inc gst) (until 29 July)
Register at pacificsecuritydynamics.co.nz